Friday, December 27, 2013

LILLY POST-LOST

In a recent ST blog interview, Evangeline Lilly did not hide her motherhood after her son, Kahekill, with boyfriend Norman Kali in May of 2011. Just three months later, still carrying baby weight, she was on a plane to New Zealand to film “The Desolation of Smaug.”

But many people thought she had retired after LOST.  “I thought I had retired into what I thought would be a life of quiet motherhood and writing. I really didn’t plan to take any more acting gigs. It was five years before I took a meeting or engaged in a new project. I was so far off the grid that when Peter Jackson tried to find me for Hobbit, he wouldn’t reach me. But I think it’s good to take a pause now and then to de-stress and re-evaluate your life,"  Lilly said.

She also said she believes everyone must find "Your Inner Athlete."  Her LOST character Kate was always climbing trees. “That’s because I love to climb trees. It’s important to find what you love to do in an active way and then do it. If you love it then you will get moving, ” she remarked.

On her decision making, she believes that it is best to "Listen to Your Gut."  “I like to say I make cerebral choices. I will say, ‘Here is X, Y and Z. What should I do?’ We all know by gut instinct what works and what does not," she said.